A Prep School for Monsters & Mad Scientists
What if a popular series of stories about a young wizard had been written by H.P. Lovecraft?
As a student at the prestigious H.P. Lovecraft Preparatory Academy, you’ll uncover conspiracies, deal with bullies and uncaring professors, explore dangerous steam tunnels, study for exams, escape from horrible monstrosities that humanity was never meant to see, and try to avoid an extended stay at Arkham Sanitarium. And that’s just orientation week!
“What parent would send their child to a school like this?” you ask. Well, you’re not exactly a “normal” student. You’ve got supernatural powers! As a Witch, you can bend the eldritch forces of the universe to your will… what could possibly go wrong with that? Or you could be a Mad Scientist, developing strange and wondrous gadgets that almost never explode. Maybe you’re a Hybrid, forced to hide your alien features and disturbing powers. Or you could be a Summoner, accompanied by a terrifying little critter that follows you around like a puppy… if the puppy was inside out and covered with tentacles. Maybe you’re a Dreamer, with the power to invade and manipulate sleeping minds. And if you choose to be a Monday (normal kid), there’s always money and exceptional skills.
H.P. Lovecraft Preparatory Academy provides a fun and haunting experience as players take on the role of students at a mysterious prep school. A semi-humorous RPG in the tradition of Saturday morning cartoons featuring mystery-busting kids…only the monsters are real.
HPL Prep will be available in three versions: the original game using the PDQ system, a Pip System version, and a Savage Worlds version.
Meet The Faculty
Designed by: Jeff Zither
System: PDQ / Pip System / Savage Worlds
Total Pages: 360 (for the core PDQ version)
Available in PDQ, Pip System, and Savage Worlds!
H.P. Lovecraft Preparatory Academy’s core rulebook will include:
- Features a detailed sandbox environment on the campus of a haunted New England boarding school.
- Six different Student Types to choose from, including Witches, Summoners, or Mad Scientists.
- A simple task resolution derived from the PDQ System: roll 2d6 + skill modifier against a target number.
- Design your own faculty! Want Dr. Frankenstein to be the new Biology professor? No problem!
- Thanks to the medical breakthroughs developed by Dr. West in the school infirmary, your character can’t die…but sanity is another matter entirely.
- Tons of optional rules to customize your individual game.
HPL Prep Preview (Coming Soon)
HPL Prep Character Sheets (Coming Soon)