Sinister RPG is the newest in the line of games developed for Third Eye Games. For this one, you get to come along for the ride.
In my strep throat haze this week, I’ve actually been pretty darn active with development on Sinister. Or those that don’t know, Sinister is a new setting being developed for Third Eye Games and takes a new spin in the monster training genre. What I’ve been working in this week has been all of the elements of what it takes to create a trainer. Some key decisions have been made in the order and application of each of the well-known steps of the DGS, this version being dubbed DGS-Battle. Here is a run down of how character creation will go:
- Passion – yes, passions make a comeback in Sinister. They will work as they do in API and Wu Xing, but also grant the trainer a special combat tactic colored by their choice.
- Nation – We’ve gone over the nations and you guys love ’em or you hate ’em (no in between I’ve learned). But each player chooses one.
- Attributes and Skills – Pretty standard
- Gifts and Drawbacks – Going slightly different with them in this game. They will all have equal value mechanically, so each character will start with 2 Gifts and 1 Drawback (instead of spending a pool)
- Glove – Then you get to choose which kind of glove the trainer uses, which will give you yet another cool little thing you can do in combat. It will also dictate which type of monsters you’re best at controlling.
- Monster – And last but not least, you get to choose and customize your monster. This is where the system is vague at the moment, but I’m working on it.
Until next time.